CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Haiti


Clyde could not go to Haiti to do training because it is too dangerous again. They have had several kidnappings and killings. It is really sad to see so many suffer at the hand of a few. So we invited our Priesthood leader from Haiti to come to us for the weekend and we taught him and his wife in family history. They were shocked at how much more we have here as far as comforts and peace than Haiti. The sister told me that she fears for her children everyday and everyone is under so much stress. They went to the temple while they were here and said it was wonderful to feel the peace and the Spirit. We are so blessed to have a stable government. This is the letter they shared with us. Such a sweet thanks makes our work here worthwhile.


Dear Elder and Sister Allred,

I want to let you know that I really appreciate your dedication, your kindness, your help, and everything you have done so far to help me with this calling. At least, the Lord knows that you are not responsible if I don't give good results and I will do my best. I know I must succeed because the Lord, who has chosen me for this calling, is waiting for concrete results and you have done your best to help me, to train me. I hope you will continue to help me and that the Lord will help me reach the goals he has set for me in this calling.

1 comments:

Sunshine said...

wow, how sweet... It's amazing how humble those people are. I can't imagine living under such circumstances. We all have such different journeys.